I haaaaaaate working from home. Always have. I need the discipline of getting up and going somewhere else to work to actually get work done. Also, I don’t get to see my friends at Dunkin’, and they miss me when I don’t visit every day. Also, there’s–
Wait, this will be easier:
TOP TEN REASONS I PREFER TO WORK AT THE OFFICE
- The Coke Freestyle machine – Diet Dr. Pepper all day long!
- Contact with other humans
- Less talking on the phone. (How does my calendar fill up so quickly with phone calls when I’m working remotely?!)
- Way more lunch options than what’s currently in my sad fridge
- A bigger computer monitor, printers, scanners and all the regular office tech stuff. My apartment isn’t large enough to have all those things.
- Not getting jealous of my cats who spend the day napping (well, LESS getting jealous because I can’t see them blatantly throwing their relaxation in my face)
- Sunlight! (My Chicago apartment courtyard isn’t nearly as bright as the 12th floor of our downtown office building.)
- Did I mention the constant flow of Diet Dr. Pepper?
- All my files and “work stuff” are here
- A reason to take a shower and put on pants
On the other hand, my co-worker, Ellen, LOVES working at home in Phoenix. She’s got an entire home office set up in her house. She is also a much better cook than I am and her new kitten (hi Posey!) runs around all day.
But what if I had to work from home? In Chicago, we’re fortunate in that we’ve had few very restrictions about being out in public places while we continue to learn more about COVID-19 (coronavirus), but they’re probably coming soon. If I had more time in the day, maybe I’d start thinking about how I can outfit my apartment in case of an emergency without losing too much productivity (and Vitamin D). Luckily, that’s where the Errand Solutions Luv Your Life Specialists can help! I just sent them my top ten list, and they’re already hard at work on coming up with some ways I can have an easier transition to working from home if/when the time comes. (If you’re one of our current customers, take a look at the News tab of your app for all kinds of helpful info about how you can prepare yourself; don’t forget to wash your hands for 20 seconds while singing!)
What if there are members of your team who are like Ellen and always work from home? Remote workers don’t get a lot of the same perks they would find in the office, and that’s not really fair. (I feel bad that Ellen doesn’t get to use the Coke machine.) A virtual solution like the ones we provide is a great benefit that actually benefits your entire workforce, including those who work “off-campus”.
From planning out a productive home office space to finding an automated cat toy that will keep your pets entertained, Errand Solutions can help. Contact our business development team for a demo today!